Followers

Friday 6 October 2017

What am I going to do from now on?

With great sadness, the process of applying for PIP has finally come to an end, as the  'lovely people" at the DWP have decided that I'm entitled to standard rate for the care component, and enhanced rate for mobility.

This is broadly as I was hoping for, so why the sadness, you may ask? Let me explain, just like everyone else who has a chronic illness, I too just sat on my bum with nothing to do or to occupy my mind, and so from the moment the "brown envelope" arrived, I was eager to begin the extremely joyful process of applying for PIP.

After being awarded DLA indefinitely, I was facing a life without any real stress or challenges. My care free life clearly needed something to consentrate on, and so  pip finally gave me , the  opportunity to stretch myself.

I've heard that some people have found the process quite stressful, but for me, having only multiple health issues including MS, heart problems and a stroke to worry about.,the tiny extra stress caused by the process, and the possibility of losing money or my car, leaving me housebound, was a small price to pay for the excitement and thrill  I felt during the phone calls, form filling, evidence collecting, face to face assessment, and waiting eagerly for the decision.

I would like to thank the DWP, Capita, and the Government, for giving me this enthralling experience. I don't know how I'm going to fill my days from now on. I really hope I'm still here in 2022, so that I can go through it all again.

No comments:

Post a Comment