Followers

Friday 2 December 2016

MUSIC IN MIND

Alone on my bed with cans on my head
Every change of  track I'm journeying back
Within those melodies so many memories
Before my body broke and betrayed me
It's fun for a while and I even smile
But fading too fast this ghost from a past
That’s Amorphous and ancient and long dead.

With eyes opened wide the cans put aside
Sitting I’m silent just for a moment
I'm searching to see that man who was me
But all I can find when looking behind
Disease came to stay and I went away
And Left in that space a man with no face
A stranger inside who’s frequently lied

The end of the night and cans out of sight
Time to look forward and to move onward
Through all of that pain new strength I did gain
No longer afraid of any path laid
I'll look at her straight that mistress of fate
On her shifting sand I'll make my stand
Fearless I'll fight with all of my might

No comments:

Post a Comment