Followers

Friday 2 December 2016

STOWAWAY WITH ME

My MS stowaway's here to stay
I know he will never go away
If I could ask him just one question
I would have a simply suggestion
Please can you give me just one whole day?

Just one whole day without any pain
And be free to move fully again
A small break from the constant struggle
And with the never ending battle
With the simplest of tasks to attain 

Twenty four hours when I cannot fall
Or to crash headlong into a wall
With a body that could stand up straight
Not broken or in such a poor state
I would stride out quite proudly and tall

I’d like a chance to sit and unwind
One tiny moment away from my mind
The thoughts in my head I could then clear
Away from worry anger and fear
Maybe a little peace I could find

I’m not asking for time to stand still
When descending the slope of the hill
I can’t stop what the future will bring
I'm only asking one simple thing
Just a short pause from feeling so ill

On that journey there'll be no delay
And where it takes me I have no say
With my stowaway deep down inside
Always together we’ll take that ride
And never to stop along the way

Moving forward I’ll never be free
I cannot separate him from me
With every new day worse than the last
And feeling well confined to the past
I have no choice that’s how it must be

No comments:

Post a Comment